Interesting Sites

martes, 19 de febrero de 2013

So long no read, huh!

Well, I guess I must first apologize for the long overdue post. I hope this is a good start.
So...if you like to read historic-romances and you have no idea of who Julian Quinn or Sarah Maclean are...then my friend, you are in for a treat.
First off, let's start with Julia (yes, I call her Julia as though we were old pals; see here, in my mind we are friends...yes, don't tell her that, this might be crossing into stalking or creepy territory) I would recommend that you start with her Bridgerton's series..at the end I promise you'll feel like the unacknowledged last member of their motley crew. The order of the series is as follow
1. The Duke and I
2. The Viscount who loved me
3. An offer from a gentleman
4. Romancing Mr. Bridgerton
5. To Sir Philip with love
6. When he was wicked
7. It's in his kiss
8. On the way to the wedding
YOU´RE WELCOME

There is another book of hers that I highly recommend: The Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (this book is beautifully written)
Okay...second off: Sarah Maclean...this lady is bloody awesome. That's right...I said bloody, and even though I am not english or australian, I make no apologies for it...deal with it.  As I was saying...her numbered series is beautiful and compelling. The first book is Nine rules to break when romancing a Rake (I know, loooooong title, but hey, I can't change it so what r u going to do). The book depicts the story and breaking the mold kind of adventures of Miss Calpurnia Hartwell and Marquise Gabriel St. John. She is a decidedly wallflower, situation she has come to by no choice of her own. At the opening of the story she overhears an unflattering chat about her person: she is described as passive, missish and worst of all, as a woman destined to be forever alone but that must console with the idea of being an aunt...and that was her sister and brother in law (ouch-tough love anyone).  After that she decides to turn a new leaf...through nine rules that will most definitely be broken, with Gabriel as the companion and sometimes the mean to break those rules.
She has another series titled: The fallen angels. It is also a historical romance series. Her last book is dedicated to all bespectacled woman out there, for the main character wears glasses. I know this might sound boring but trust me, i know I am not doing justice to the book as I write this. This book melted my heart and pulled me to a bygone era through the writer words. Loved it. So check it out.
Until next time!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario